Tuesday, June 2, 2009

From Feeling Good To Feeling Bad

Ah what a nice day Sunday was! Sure i was a tad hungover from hanging out with my buddies Fed and Rob until the sun came up. It was a fun night of male bonding that involved rock band a scotch. We felt like Guns n Roses circa '88! Rob doing his best Slash impression of not moving or breathing, Fed doing his best Steve Adler impression mumbling incoherently. I played myself, the married guy about to turn thirty, wondering why he was still awake when it started turning light out. Anyways Sunday! The Mets won once again with good pitching and clutch hitting from people who didnt belong on a major league roster. Now it was off to face the Pirates for 4 easy games. I would be disapointed if they won less than 3.

Flash forward to Tuesday night and now I feel like its the end of the world. 2 straight losses to the Pirates! This would not bother me as much if my best bud Pat wasn't the most annoying Pittsburgh fan in the galaxy. He already had the Steelers win! The Penguins are in the Stanley Cup finals...they might be losing but this team will be good for the next decade! I am the co-best man at his wedding and would've started my speech "Thank God For The Pirates" Hell that wouldve been the title! The speech would have been spectacular! I would've recorded myself reading that speech over some music and become a hit like that "Wear Sunscreen" guy. Now I can't!

What's going on with the Mets?
Are they watching Carl Pavano training videos?
Is their team nutritionist witholding milk from them?

2 opening day starters played for them tonight. Thats rediculous! It just turned June!

I miss last Sunday, i felt a lot younger and carefree back then. Now I gotta go work on a new speech. "Thanks God For Marc-Andre Fluery"

No comments:

Post a Comment